Use the tabs to navigate this guide.
In order to access the Library electronic materials (books, journals and databases) when you are outside the library, go to MyUTampa and enter your Spartans Domain user name and password.
If you need assistance with your Spartans Domain log-in information, please contact the IT Help Desk at StudentHelp@ut.edu or at x6255.
- Best Bets - Start with a couple of quick searches of Summon (library catalog) and the subject-specialized database like Science Direct to get a feel for the type and quantity of sources available. Play around with the suggested search terms.
- Background Information - Sometimes you need a definition or basic fact for your paper that you can't find in a scholarly article. Or perhaps you need a more basic understanding of your topic before diving deeper into scholarly research. This is where reference sources, such as encyclopedias, come in handy.
- Books - Start here if you're looking for books.
- Articles - Start here if you're looking for articles (of any type). Don't forget to try different search terms.
- Websites - These professional and non-profit websites may prove useful for your research.
- Citations - Proper citation is a critical part of the scholarly process.
- Not having any luck?