Skip to Main Content
New Catalog and Discovery Migration
Spartan Search Goes Live
16 August 2023
The Macdonald-Kelce Library will soon migrate several systems to a new platform. We are excited for the new features and easier process this system will bring, and we want to make sure everyone is aware of the upcoming changes.
- What are these systems?
- What are discovery permalinks?
- Outdated: We are migrating as our current catalog system is outdated and would need multiple upgrades if we did not migrate.
- Disconnected: Our catalog does not connect to many other systems causing duplicate work for the library and . For instance, the current library catalog does not communicate with Workday. This requires the library to manually process files to load new patrons. It also requires us to process invoices in our catalog and Workday.
- Archive Systems: We currently have three archive platforms that are not connected to eachother or our catalog system. We are merging all of our archive systems into one platform that will be easier to search and discover collections.
- Additional Features: Finally, the new system will have additional features such as the ability for patrons to renew books online, save searches and more.
When: 16 August 2023 Go-live. The library has already started the migration, and the new system will go-live on 16 August 2023. Please see the timeline for more details.
Impact to Faculty:
- Permalinks for Summon Discovery items will not work after 15 August.
- Book orders frozen from 1 June – 15 August
- Interface for searching will change.
- No online catalog will be available after 15 August. All book searching will be done in the discovery tool
Macdonald-Kelce Library - The University of Tampa - 401 W. Kennedy Blvd. - Tampa, FL 33606 - 813 257-3056 -