We have laptops available for 1-day checkout.
Library Laptop Checkout and Use Policies
The following policy applies to laptop computers owned and circulated by the Macdonald Kelce Library. The laptops are configured with the same software as the Library’s public desktop computers.
1. Laptops circulate to current UT students and staff. (Faculty may check out laptops at Jaeb Computer Center.)
2. The borrower must present a current University of Tampa Spartan card.
3. Laptops are checked out for 1 day and due 1 hour prior to closing the next day.
4. No renewals. However, it may be possible to return and check out another laptop.
1. Laptops can be checked out at the Circulation Desk from the time the library opens until 30 minutes before the library closes.
2. Laptops will be available on a first come, first serve basis. Laptops may not be reserved in advance.
3. Once a laptop is checked out to a patron, the laptop becomes the responsibility of that patron. Work must be saved to the user’s external drive as the laptop’s hard drive is cleared each time the computer is turned off.
The Library is not responsible for loss or damage to the borrower’s file(s) during the loan period. Anti-virus software is installed on all laptops; the Library is not responsible for computer viruses that may be transferred during use. The Library is not responsible for personal items left in the bag, nor in the laptop.
Fines and Liabilities
Fines are accrued at $10 per day for the laptop and at $5 per day for the case, or $15 per day for both. Additional charges may be assessed.The borrower is responsible for all costs associated with any damage to the laptop during their check-out period. The borrower is responsible for replacement costs in the amount of $2500 if the laptop is lost or stolen during their check-out period. Borrowers will be billed immediately. The borrower would also be responsible for any accrued overdue charges. Borrowers must adhere to the UT Acceptable Use Policy and the End User Network Equipment Policy.
Laptop and Components Replacement
The borrower will be responsible for the replacement of the laptop and components that are returned damaged or that are missing. The Library Systems Office will determine and advise the borrower of appropriate and acceptable replacement item(s). Items will be replaced with the same or similar product(s) dependent upon market availability. (For estimated replacement costs, see below).
Estimated Replacement Costs - Sept.2006
Carrying case $100
AC Power Cord w/ AC Adapter $60
Privacy Statement: Users of all public computers should be aware that it might be possible for third parties to obtain data from the computer's hard drive at a later date. The Macdonald-Kelce Library endorses the American Library Association's Policies on Confidentiality of Library Records and Personally Identifiable Information About Library Users. The Library will not release information about library users except as required by law, and only when served with a proper warrant or subpoena by law enforcement agents.